What I realized - caloric intake and weight loss



Understanding the stress...

One week, I lost 5 pounds, I thought I was eating a good decent amount of calories but...

first i must check multiple sites that can tell me exactly, if all the sources run the same, then I'll know the truth...1,090 was not exactly perfect...but one sight claimed to not go under this, so I wouldn't hit starvation mode.

Now, I think I have to figure out how the hell to eat 1,126 if not exercising, and if i do exercise at least 3 times per day 1,287 (for extreme weight loss)

But what is extreme? and can I lose more than just two pounds a week and it would be considered healthy?



It can be lower for people like me who are sedentary, and I hardly work out...but whats with the calorie zig zag cycle...so strange...this is why I need other sources.

It says for 5 days per week of exercise:
maintenance - 2281
weight loss - 1825
extreme weight loss - 1369

for 3 days per week of exercise:
maintenance - 2145
weight loss - 1716
extreme weight loss - 1287


sedentary/no exercise/desk job:
maintenance - 1872
weight loss - 1497
extreme weight loss - 1123


If I start exercising, to not go into starvation mode according to the site, I have to pick up on my caloric intake. I know in 2015 and 2016, I did moderate exercise (30 minutes) and had 1300 calories and exercised about 4 to 5 days a week and lost 1.5 pounds each week. It took me months to get from 181 to 139 pounds.

I don't know why I stopped, I never do. It seems.

I think the site calculates a 60-minute workout plan, to lose about 2 to 3 pounds (3 pounds being the highest, as long as one doesn't cut their caloric intake too far. According to, so far, two sources...one must have a deficit of 500 to 1,000 from maintenance caloric intake if they exercise around 5 times a week, 500 if they exercise 3 times a week. Which a surmised guess for the other site, and it should never go over 1,000 calories as a deficit, or 1,000 caloric deficit if you already eat low calories.

But with these calculations, if I do a 60 minute exercise 5 days a week, I would need to eat at most 1,400 calories. Sweating heavily. Doing multiple kinds of exercises. I could potentially lose 2 to 3 pounds a week if and only if I do this right.

But I had been looking up, "how to lose 20 pounds per week" and finally, "is it physically possible to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks healthily?" Many sites promote the former, I found one site that told me: no, you'll lose lean muscle instead of fat. Your not generally supposed to lose over 2 pounds or that loss will not be fat loss; it will be muscle loss. You should not want to lose muscle, you need that.

Besides, it's not long-term, you'd gain it all back and it would be ugly. 

That's one reason I hate food at this point, I hate how I love it, I hate how I need it to be sustained and to live. Gluttony = suffering...maybe that's why its a sin. All the sins end up causing you or someone else or both suffering, unless you are insane and mental then you'll crave the cause and effect of such things...which is another topic for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a Time Summary

I love German