"What do You want to be When you Grow-up?" They Ask.

You know, when you were small, you were asked this question (as stated above), and you thought something you'd likely never knew was impossible or would take absolute hard work.

I was five, I said, "a lion".

Others might had said, "an astronaut," or, "the president," or, "like my Dad."

Whatever Dad did, the child would get pat on the head with a smirk. I think the teacher laughed at me and so had others because it was indeed impossible. And I became an unpublished writer instead.

I thought of other things I didn't fully want to do, just thought it would sound impressive if I said that I wanted to do them - it was a teenage thing, I guess.

Lawyer, police officer, detective, investigator, actor, musician, et cetera...(oh, yeah, and once I said I wanted to be a nun, of course I didn't want to, it's just that I was too terribly shy to talk to a crush and I thought that I wasn't attractive anyway to get into a relationship. Sadly, my father believed me.)

Growing up, i never knew what i really wanted out of life. Nobody influenced me in doing well in school, I was asked, "had you done your homework?" without ever getting checked or hounded on about how school was actually important to achieve goals and to get higher education. All my dad ever said was, "do not sin, lying is of the devil, you cannot bring material thing with you when you die, your soul is more important," all those kinds of things, and being Hispanic, his English wasn't ever perfect, nor his pronunciation.

My mother never said anything either.


Maybe life would had turned out differently for me if they cared more about my education, I also always felt I would die before I got to be anything, so what was the point? Maybe I've always been a little depressed, and I acknowledge that that was my excuse, but it's creepy when I think about it. Why had I felt that way?

Maybe, it's just what I said. and then I grew out of it, thankfully. And overtime, realized what I actually wanted to do.

I started thinking, something "creative". Ended up in Web Design, only the photoshop and flash class was the funnest but the actual web coding was stressful.

Then I thought, I do like Architecture, would I enjoy a class like that? Doubtful.

I do want to work in a museum, and be a curator, would I enjoy that? I just don't know.

Graphic Design? No, it's like Web Design.

Maybe it was timing? No, it's still a bore.

How about English? You want to be a writer? Why not get a degree in it and get more opportunities in work? Yeah, I'm 24, and 4 years in college now...damn, the sooner the better.


You still want to do the navy thing? Kind of, but how will it fully help me in getting this particular degree? I hope I could get it or i'll have to give up on that goal if it won't actually help me. I don't want it to somehow kill me...I get paranoid and worrisome and nobody wants to actually tell me what are the work requirements and what I would be experiencing. I know I don't want to deal with this stupid job with people and their ridiculousness and why today was the most stupidest and b*****es be all whiny. So, annoying.

I just want to do it but not actually worry about it being a legitimately dangerous: careers and the combat naval forces are completely different. I wasn't worried until my mother said something. But what would be beneficial, still trying to lose weight anyway, even if I become doubtful.

I wish this business was a little less mysterious. Speaking of which, I should start reading some books again. Just not the one I was reading that got me depressed and sad, and real...Though the writing was kind of like-able.

Back to the subject, knowing what you want to do, as an adult you might still be in that wondering predicament because of situations in your life. If you're lucky, you had perfect parents - they were financially well, living well, able to support you, and nothing would stand in your way and that was all the motivation you needed to succeed in your dreams.

You might know as a definite when you're 16. You might know while you're in high school or secondary school. (Depending on location). But you might never know until you're older. It's okay. I think, it happens to many people (at least I hope it does, and its not just me).

Circumstances can change your life, whether it be good or bad.

I want to sign up to something as soon as possible, an accredited college that has the particular thing I want to do. Liberal Arts - BA - English. If I must sign up for FAFSA once again, I will.

Don't think you can't do anything; you can! Achieve your dreams! - I think to myself. And start to think of Jacksepticeye and the PMA video I watched last night on youtube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a Time Summary

I love German