THE LEAD, THE SUPERVISOR, AND THE BLAH
TODAY, I will share about me things anyway, because things from my past still "erk" me and I am mentally violent (AKA imaginatively violent - punching imaginary people in my mind and doing Krav Maga and other Martial Arts that I don't actually know, but wish I knew.)
Anyway, the "lead" whose name in here shall be Apathetic B. for she was quite apathetic, I realized this when I got emotional about something I might get into later.
I used to work in sales, walking around, finding good spots to solicit to sell our product - Hello Fresh. And often, going to business to business and getting kicked out by security and white ladies using a motherly tone, "I'm sorry, honey, but you know you cannot solicit here, right? I do not want you to get in trouble."
So, those moments were annoying. There was one embarrassing moment that I hated dearly. But that I might also get into that later.
Here's how the job went: we had our 20 sum people and then, it was somewhat alright in the small space, and we practiced our scripted lines, that I felt I wanted to personalize but whatever...Then the Atnt or Xfinity salespeople joined us and the small room became fully packed. We always listened to music when we practiced, but it became super annoying when I was partnered up with deaf people acting like they needed me to break my voice for the practicing bit. Like, No, I'm not doing that. I hated that so much.
We left, we gathered into a car. And we went to places. And we had to be out there for about 8 to 9 hours, it was a two hour bus ride to work and two hours back. no lunch room because we are not a call center but outdoor salespeople. No cold lunch. I was getting fat off chips and whatever I could afford, losing money instead of gaining money. $40 a week - gone. And when I found out the process of a sale and how I could easily lose my "earned" money made me super crossed.
3 weeks until you might get paid. They buy the first box, but they must buy the second for you to get paid. I ended up only earning $230 for those terrible two months of working there. Losing 12 hours for 6 days a week, and they expected me to do Networking on Sunday...No way, too many hours wasted.
So, Why is she called Apathetic B?
Well, there were times, I thought, "it won't hurt to ask, since I'm so hungry and i'm sure they don't want me to starve,...maybe they could help me get a meal..." Then I asked, and Apathetic B said:
'You shouldn't ask anybody but me for food.'
One day, I do as asked, she says ' I can't always be giving you food, you could get a bag and pack your own.' Though, I understand, and I do, but as I wish that my boyfriend would understand that the job was not working out, I had to continue. I tried packing up a sandwhich and chips in June with low money - a grocery bag and nothing to insulate it. I struggle to eat in the bus or in the car as we travel, feeling awkward but hungry because I hadn't ate in 10 hours.
Though, I was getting fat.
And, I was getting exhausted and annoyed and on rainy days with no umbrella because I was too broke to buy one, I still had to catch the bus. I met like two nice guys, one claimed to be a DJ and was an uber driver and that was cool. The other...not as memorable, and all the guys merged into one guy...oh, wait, the other was goofy, tall, and heard he worked in Best Buy and he was a handsome father to a wee baby. The former gave me a ride and I appreciated him very much.
There was a moment, a stupid moment, where Apathetic B thought quite illogically that comparing - sharing a pizza and a single water bottle was the same thing when it came to hygiene and sanitary. I wanted so bad to explain to her that, if you have a pizza box, you are not eating the same slices of pizza and touching and licking every slice. With a water bottle, you put your lips, saliva on the top rim, even if I'm to waterfall it, there's a chance that I might catch some of that saliva into my own mouth. I should call her Dadum B.
She eventually acted like, she couldn't care less if I starved while she ate her stupid cheese pizza gleefully. She's not even that fat, she just had kind of big upper arms, and I hated walking behind her sweaty onion smelling pits.
Then there was the day I just couldn't take it anymore, I wasn't selling, i seriously hated her, I was starving and wanted to leave the job and I didn't care for working there anymore. She was not caring about anything, she said that was "too emotional". I wasn't successful, I wanted my boyfriend to let me get back home and just find something I won't actually lose money with. I tried talking to one of the guys about it, but she denied any of it. I just want to chalk it up as her being a manipulative B.
Besides this, she didn't act like she wanted to get to know me, she was practicing on the whole sales acting thing, "becoming friends". Asking questions about me, and turning around, like the information was even the least bit interesting. Like, don't practice on me.
So, 1) she never acted like she understood my situation, though I understood theirs, 2) she didn't like me even bothering asking, like she was treating it like a major deal - as if I was trying to grub off people/use people - I wasn't, it's just a yes or no, if it's a 'no', it's fine, I can take care of myself. Making me feel guilty and like a bad person with her verbal manipulation is just wrong.
Other reasons why I just despised her so much, I can't list them here or anywhere. I want so hard to get over stupid and ridiculous people. It's annoying as hell!
The supervisor - The Whiny Lassy and The Sunlight
This is going to be short, her issues that I have are mainly: not saying my name correctly even though I told you over a dozen time - it's highly disrespectful. Talking to me like I'm an idiot when ordering me around, and sounding like she's just a bothered babysitter. Joking about to her superiors about having me fired. Though, I'm glad she quit. But not soon after The Whiny Lassy had departed did the chirpy Sunlight Ethopian lady come, I liked her to an extent.
The only issue with The Sunlight, was the beginning when she treated me like I were new, the favoritism bit and Pay-O-Lah (though I liked her much more). The time she said "it doesn't matter" when I had confronted her about it (the favoritism - hiring someone who only worked for a month, while I had been there for a year). The yelling at me to get on a register at the second it became busy, acting like I was supposed to foresee it.
Excuses: I honestly didn't smile a lot, thought the supervisor pay rate would be not the same - thought I would at least get 55 cents more, but nope. I think I might had daydreamed at times and was too tired to notice when it picked up. Soooo....that's why I didn't hate The Sunlight, she was actually a sweet lady most of the time.
The Blah
Most recently, there was someone at our house who had done something rather than said something like what Apathetic B said comparing a pizza to a water bottle being equally unsanitary. This guy, I'll call The Brute D.A. had the audacity to ask for another dude's RAZOR or shaver!
First, I know you smoke, but Brute you are a true D.A.!
Second, it's Bro Code (i'm not a dude but it's common sense) you don't use another man's shaver or razor no matter what, even if you don't have your own. Either buy one or grow a beard - you'll look cool, anyway.
Especially, if it looks like it costs more than a typical razor and it's electric!
This guy didn't even bother asking, and my boyfriend's mother (according my boyfriend) permitted his usage of said object.
It costs $200! You don't do those things, even if it only costed $39.99. That isn't smart.
Apparently, the man even confronted him and said, "Man, I'm sorry, I didn't know it was yours."
OK, that's still stupid, in fact, that's seriously much more stupid, you don't use somebody else's razor/shaver no matter who's it is. If it doesn't belong to you, you don't touch it. That's just NOT RIGHT!
It's unhygienic, you can't even give off an excuse that you cleaned it off with alcohol and whatever. We don't know you, you aren't family, just another lover to the b.f.'s mother. you might have some disease and might as well contaminated his $200 shaver.
I really want the guy to give him money for it, you know what makes this so much worse? He lives next door. That jerk, could had went back home and shaved, he did NOT have to touch ANY of OUR stuff.
I legit want to confront him and express how unsanitary and unhygienic that was to his face, and attempt to persuade him into using his own money and gifting my boyfriend a new shaver just because that was absolutely rude, inconsiderate, unthoughtful, and just downright idiotic. A mature man would never do this, a teenage boy likely would to his older brother. This man is in his 40's.
Anyway, the "lead" whose name in here shall be Apathetic B. for she was quite apathetic, I realized this when I got emotional about something I might get into later.
I used to work in sales, walking around, finding good spots to solicit to sell our product - Hello Fresh. And often, going to business to business and getting kicked out by security and white ladies using a motherly tone, "I'm sorry, honey, but you know you cannot solicit here, right? I do not want you to get in trouble."
So, those moments were annoying. There was one embarrassing moment that I hated dearly. But that I might also get into that later.
Here's how the job went: we had our 20 sum people and then, it was somewhat alright in the small space, and we practiced our scripted lines, that I felt I wanted to personalize but whatever...Then the Atnt or Xfinity salespeople joined us and the small room became fully packed. We always listened to music when we practiced, but it became super annoying when I was partnered up with deaf people acting like they needed me to break my voice for the practicing bit. Like, No, I'm not doing that. I hated that so much.
We left, we gathered into a car. And we went to places. And we had to be out there for about 8 to 9 hours, it was a two hour bus ride to work and two hours back. no lunch room because we are not a call center but outdoor salespeople. No cold lunch. I was getting fat off chips and whatever I could afford, losing money instead of gaining money. $40 a week - gone. And when I found out the process of a sale and how I could easily lose my "earned" money made me super crossed.
3 weeks until you might get paid. They buy the first box, but they must buy the second for you to get paid. I ended up only earning $230 for those terrible two months of working there. Losing 12 hours for 6 days a week, and they expected me to do Networking on Sunday...No way, too many hours wasted.
So, Why is she called Apathetic B?
Well, there were times, I thought, "it won't hurt to ask, since I'm so hungry and i'm sure they don't want me to starve,...maybe they could help me get a meal..." Then I asked, and Apathetic B said:
'You shouldn't ask anybody but me for food.'
One day, I do as asked, she says ' I can't always be giving you food, you could get a bag and pack your own.' Though, I understand, and I do, but as I wish that my boyfriend would understand that the job was not working out, I had to continue. I tried packing up a sandwhich and chips in June with low money - a grocery bag and nothing to insulate it. I struggle to eat in the bus or in the car as we travel, feeling awkward but hungry because I hadn't ate in 10 hours.
Though, I was getting fat.
And, I was getting exhausted and annoyed and on rainy days with no umbrella because I was too broke to buy one, I still had to catch the bus. I met like two nice guys, one claimed to be a DJ and was an uber driver and that was cool. The other...not as memorable, and all the guys merged into one guy...oh, wait, the other was goofy, tall, and heard he worked in Best Buy and he was a handsome father to a wee baby. The former gave me a ride and I appreciated him very much.
There was a moment, a stupid moment, where Apathetic B thought quite illogically that comparing - sharing a pizza and a single water bottle was the same thing when it came to hygiene and sanitary. I wanted so bad to explain to her that, if you have a pizza box, you are not eating the same slices of pizza and touching and licking every slice. With a water bottle, you put your lips, saliva on the top rim, even if I'm to waterfall it, there's a chance that I might catch some of that saliva into my own mouth. I should call her Dadum B.
She eventually acted like, she couldn't care less if I starved while she ate her stupid cheese pizza gleefully. She's not even that fat, she just had kind of big upper arms, and I hated walking behind her sweaty onion smelling pits.
Then there was the day I just couldn't take it anymore, I wasn't selling, i seriously hated her, I was starving and wanted to leave the job and I didn't care for working there anymore. She was not caring about anything, she said that was "too emotional". I wasn't successful, I wanted my boyfriend to let me get back home and just find something I won't actually lose money with. I tried talking to one of the guys about it, but she denied any of it. I just want to chalk it up as her being a manipulative B.
Besides this, she didn't act like she wanted to get to know me, she was practicing on the whole sales acting thing, "becoming friends". Asking questions about me, and turning around, like the information was even the least bit interesting. Like, don't practice on me.
So, 1) she never acted like she understood my situation, though I understood theirs, 2) she didn't like me even bothering asking, like she was treating it like a major deal - as if I was trying to grub off people/use people - I wasn't, it's just a yes or no, if it's a 'no', it's fine, I can take care of myself. Making me feel guilty and like a bad person with her verbal manipulation is just wrong.
Other reasons why I just despised her so much, I can't list them here or anywhere. I want so hard to get over stupid and ridiculous people. It's annoying as hell!
The supervisor - The Whiny Lassy and The Sunlight
This is going to be short, her issues that I have are mainly: not saying my name correctly even though I told you over a dozen time - it's highly disrespectful. Talking to me like I'm an idiot when ordering me around, and sounding like she's just a bothered babysitter. Joking about to her superiors about having me fired. Though, I'm glad she quit. But not soon after The Whiny Lassy had departed did the chirpy Sunlight Ethopian lady come, I liked her to an extent.
The only issue with The Sunlight, was the beginning when she treated me like I were new, the favoritism bit and Pay-O-Lah (though I liked her much more). The time she said "it doesn't matter" when I had confronted her about it (the favoritism - hiring someone who only worked for a month, while I had been there for a year). The yelling at me to get on a register at the second it became busy, acting like I was supposed to foresee it.
Excuses: I honestly didn't smile a lot, thought the supervisor pay rate would be not the same - thought I would at least get 55 cents more, but nope. I think I might had daydreamed at times and was too tired to notice when it picked up. Soooo....that's why I didn't hate The Sunlight, she was actually a sweet lady most of the time.
The Blah
Most recently, there was someone at our house who had done something rather than said something like what Apathetic B said comparing a pizza to a water bottle being equally unsanitary. This guy, I'll call The Brute D.A. had the audacity to ask for another dude's RAZOR or shaver!
First, I know you smoke, but Brute you are a true D.A.!
Second, it's Bro Code (i'm not a dude but it's common sense) you don't use another man's shaver or razor no matter what, even if you don't have your own. Either buy one or grow a beard - you'll look cool, anyway.
Especially, if it looks like it costs more than a typical razor and it's electric!
This guy didn't even bother asking, and my boyfriend's mother (according my boyfriend) permitted his usage of said object.
It costs $200! You don't do those things, even if it only costed $39.99. That isn't smart.
Apparently, the man even confronted him and said, "Man, I'm sorry, I didn't know it was yours."
OK, that's still stupid, in fact, that's seriously much more stupid, you don't use somebody else's razor/shaver no matter who's it is. If it doesn't belong to you, you don't touch it. That's just NOT RIGHT!
It's unhygienic, you can't even give off an excuse that you cleaned it off with alcohol and whatever. We don't know you, you aren't family, just another lover to the b.f.'s mother. you might have some disease and might as well contaminated his $200 shaver.
I really want the guy to give him money for it, you know what makes this so much worse? He lives next door. That jerk, could had went back home and shaved, he did NOT have to touch ANY of OUR stuff.
I legit want to confront him and express how unsanitary and unhygienic that was to his face, and attempt to persuade him into using his own money and gifting my boyfriend a new shaver just because that was absolutely rude, inconsiderate, unthoughtful, and just downright idiotic. A mature man would never do this, a teenage boy likely would to his older brother. This man is in his 40's.
Comments
Post a Comment