I'm Going to Be Honest

You know how I'm working on losing weight, as my 10 or more posts entails, but I had not done so well. Have I not shared this?

Let me really explain, it is quite difficult to actually do anything when you're used to an old lifestyle. Now, starting off and you cut off everything quickly as in calories and carb foods that you're used to, and you do it for like almost two weeks, eventually you might break.

Worse though, is if you don't try to exercise with it. You might gain weight if you're not careful.

I broke this week, had some nachos one day, then starbucks (java chip and triple chocolate cheescake by cheesecake factory, it was rich and tasty) and some crap banana pudding last night that wasn't worth it. Two things were worth it and it's the primary two.

At least, I weighed myself, though I knew I hadn't progessed at all, I'm at 167.4. Better then being at or any higher than 168.

So, what do I need to do? Motivate myself to actually work hard, I'm bad at doing that and I'm a horrible procrastinator.

I looked up some things that I think should help keep me on point: Buzzfeed's 29 Motivational Things to Help you Workout (not worded like that...but its along those lines.)


https://www.buzzfeed.com/sallytamarkin/i-flexed-and-the-sleeves-fell-off?utm_term=.xua0LL6lb#.dcXe77qZK


It's a helpful list.

Let's see, I'm not very sociable and don't want to spend money, so that cuts away a couple of things from the list.

If you read my other posts, I do have MyFitnessPal for food intake, it could track my exercise as well (as long as I input it.)
By The Way, I had did a little 15 minute exercise last night because I had my bluetooth earbuds, really good buds, it's less straining and I could either listen to music...or listen to an audiobook, I have four: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, The Hobbit b Tolkien, The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish (my new fave female comedian), I Can't Make This Up by Kevin Hart (my favorite male comedian). Between all four, I'd go for The Hobbit and then the comedian's novels.

The competing bit reminds me of what was part of my motivation last time, even though I was competing with my boyfriend and losing weight - it still helped. Right now, it doesn't and just makes me depressed and stressed.

Can I find a lady who I can compete with, in my head and online? Go the distance!

Sticking it to my doubters....interesting...I guess that's everyone.


"make whatever you do your favorite exercise" That would be dancing, right now at this point. Or stupid nerdy dancing - moving.

Reminds me, I went to Barnes n Noble (on the day I got fatty foods at starbucks) looking for exercise books it turned out really would be a waste of money. Mainly due to the fact that the exercises dealt with devices/equipment that I don't have and cost a lot and not willing to buy nor can I go to a gym for because I hadn't the time.

So, I got other books that impact my nerdiness.


I go to Darebee.com where it has a number of files and videos and a youtube channel to help one workout, I used this last time as well. I liked a lot of exercises on there.


I used to get the endorphin rush and loved the feeling, knowing I was doing something, knowing it was working, that can become addicting - if you workout often and everyday, long enough for there to even be one.

"Will I regret not working out?" Is a good question to ask myself, equally good as, "Will I regret eating this cheesecake/chocolate/nachos?"

In other words, reverse psychology or something close that can trick your mind into deciding the right thing - do not not exercise (double negative = do exercise) and don't have that cake if it'll make you sad after eating it. It'll help you realize you need to exercise and you need to eat right.

"Remember why you started."

Would be good if that wasn't the reason I was stressed and depressed and the fact I already wrote a list and that wasn't motivation enough for me right now.

But do it anyway....


For the navy - to be at 141 to 145 and a waist size of 36. Still at 38 to 39 and at 167.4 (as I said...Progression is difficult without motivation.)
For my health and future - to be less likely to get diabetes or heart attack, to live longer and fuller and likely happier
For clothes, self-esteem, beauty - my personal feeling towards myself, not caring how others think I am. My desire to look the way that'll make me more than gleeful towards my body. To purchase shirts, pants, undergarments that will make me feel good about myself and develop an actual style. Maybe Tomboy Grunge...I dunno...

Good Reasons.


Thanks, me!

You're sooooo welcome!


Awe [smooch]

Aweeeeee [hugs]


Anyway, what else might help me that I could consider? Hmmm....


"Write down how you feel after every workout."

I could do that, I kind of used to do that. But...That feels dull.


I like the other ones, not every single one of those made feel, like....yeah, that's good, some of them were alright.

I need more workout clothes though.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a Time Summary

I love German