Understanding German
For the sentence placement, it seems to be verb and then pronoun.
From what I had learned on Duolingo.
In July we eat fish
Im Juli essen wir Fisch
Note that nouns are always capitalized, like "Juli" and "Fisch"
Im - In
Juli - July
Essen - Eat
Wir - We
Fisch - Fish
As I had discussed in a separate post, many of the German words look and sound similar in English, that's why I feel we adopted a lot of German words and reformed them.
August - August
Sommer - Summer
Sonne - Sun
And a confusing sentence:
Im Sommer scheint die Sonne.
The Sun is shining in summer - the correct way.
But it looks like it could be said like
In summer shining the sun
Or
In the Summer the sun is shining
Im der Sommer die Sonner scheint - is how that might actually be said...
The summer sun is shining
In Summer shines the sun - is how it literally looks like.
If you're going to write out your sentences on your own, or attempt to write in this language, you most definitely should understand word placement. Because it's not the same in every language at all.
From what I had learned on Duolingo.
In July we eat fish
Im Juli essen wir Fisch
Note that nouns are always capitalized, like "Juli" and "Fisch"
Im - In
Juli - July
Essen - Eat
Wir - We
Fisch - Fish
As I had discussed in a separate post, many of the German words look and sound similar in English, that's why I feel we adopted a lot of German words and reformed them.
August - August
Sommer - Summer
Sonne - Sun
And a confusing sentence:
Im Sommer scheint die Sonne.
The Sun is shining in summer - the correct way.
But it looks like it could be said like
In summer shining the sun
Or
In the Summer the sun is shining
Im der Sommer die Sonner scheint - is how that might actually be said...
The summer sun is shining
In Summer shines the sun - is how it literally looks like.
If you're going to write out your sentences on your own, or attempt to write in this language, you most definitely should understand word placement. Because it's not the same in every language at all.
Comments
Post a Comment