The Perfectionist Girl
There once was a girl who was quite petite, had a 2000's era haircut, short and slightly curled. She always held her chin up high, her shoulder straight when she sat and when she walked. Her skin was almost porcelain and her hair was platinum blonde.
She was super thin and in high school, I want to say I thought she had either big blue eyes (maybe brown) and that she might always carried a luggage. We were in Health Class together once, and we were to make a poster together along with someone else, she didn't like anybody else's penmanship except her own.
(Don't judge me for being curious, and mistake for anything other than curiosity. We are all curious- though, it is sometimes a waste of time when it's fruitless.)
The thing about her is I can't recall her name, nor had I had ever seen her with anyone, I can't remember if she had any friends but I was much curious about her.
She was cute and beautiful, I wondered if her personality fit her appearance, I wondered if my first impression was only a hint of who she was. I wondered if she thought herself superior or not. The next year or within a month, I had never seen her ever again. But now I wished I wasn't so shy.
That's another topic for another time.
I couldn't tell whether she was a popular girl, a prep, outcast, nerd, or rich girl. In fact, I knew nothing of her and couldn't put a label on her. She was a dressy girl and would always be found in a blouse and sometimes capri pants. Never anything with a label like: Abercrombie and Fitch nor Aeropostale.
Once I overheard people speak, I associated the word to her, they said, "she's a lesbian." I don't know why I made that conjecture. But that was something I hadn't considered in my high school days, that a pretty dressy perfectionist girl could ever possibly be a lesbian. If they did mean her or someone else, I would never know.
I would had attempted to befriend her if I had ever the chance, I would had wanted to. Even then, if she accepted, I wonder what we would had done. What kind of things she liked.
Admittingly, I knew I was bisexual then, I didn't think about it then - but, I think I might had had a kind of crush on her (besides two other friends, I liked then). But not the romantic kind of crush, like a curious friendship longing crush. If that were a thing, though I had said I was bisexual even then, if she were actually a lesbian, now you should get what I'm hinting at. I wouldn't mind having dated her, if I even had any chance.
But right now, I am curious, thinking of people of the past...Do you ever think about your high school years and think, how do they look now? Are they still cute, hot, pretty, or even fat, ugly, weird (so shallow)? How are they doing now? Are they still nerdy, emo, preppy? Are they a normal now?
Like I said, I don't know her name so I can't find anything out to fulfill my curiosity, I could say she had looked like a Rachael or an Amy...Maybe even a Mattie. I really don't know.
I just wanted to know if The Perfectionist Girl still holds her chin high, still is fashionable, if her blonde hair was ever natural, if she's still skinny/slim. Is she a model now? A boss in a company? Is she an editor in a magazine? What is her career now? Was she ever a homosexual or was she bisexual, pansexual, or was she a heterosexual? Et cetera. Who were her friends?
Never had a yearbook, dad never bought me one but either way, with the way my life went it wouldn't had mattered.
She was super thin and in high school, I want to say I thought she had either big blue eyes (maybe brown) and that she might always carried a luggage. We were in Health Class together once, and we were to make a poster together along with someone else, she didn't like anybody else's penmanship except her own.
(Don't judge me for being curious, and mistake for anything other than curiosity. We are all curious- though, it is sometimes a waste of time when it's fruitless.)
The thing about her is I can't recall her name, nor had I had ever seen her with anyone, I can't remember if she had any friends but I was much curious about her.
She was cute and beautiful, I wondered if her personality fit her appearance, I wondered if my first impression was only a hint of who she was. I wondered if she thought herself superior or not. The next year or within a month, I had never seen her ever again. But now I wished I wasn't so shy.
That's another topic for another time.
I couldn't tell whether she was a popular girl, a prep, outcast, nerd, or rich girl. In fact, I knew nothing of her and couldn't put a label on her. She was a dressy girl and would always be found in a blouse and sometimes capri pants. Never anything with a label like: Abercrombie and Fitch nor Aeropostale.
Once I overheard people speak, I associated the word to her, they said, "she's a lesbian." I don't know why I made that conjecture. But that was something I hadn't considered in my high school days, that a pretty dressy perfectionist girl could ever possibly be a lesbian. If they did mean her or someone else, I would never know.
I would had attempted to befriend her if I had ever the chance, I would had wanted to. Even then, if she accepted, I wonder what we would had done. What kind of things she liked.
Admittingly, I knew I was bisexual then, I didn't think about it then - but, I think I might had had a kind of crush on her (besides two other friends, I liked then). But not the romantic kind of crush, like a curious friendship longing crush. If that were a thing, though I had said I was bisexual even then, if she were actually a lesbian, now you should get what I'm hinting at. I wouldn't mind having dated her, if I even had any chance.
But right now, I am curious, thinking of people of the past...Do you ever think about your high school years and think, how do they look now? Are they still cute, hot, pretty, or even fat, ugly, weird (so shallow)? How are they doing now? Are they still nerdy, emo, preppy? Are they a normal now?
Like I said, I don't know her name so I can't find anything out to fulfill my curiosity, I could say she had looked like a Rachael or an Amy...Maybe even a Mattie. I really don't know.
I just wanted to know if The Perfectionist Girl still holds her chin high, still is fashionable, if her blonde hair was ever natural, if she's still skinny/slim. Is she a model now? A boss in a company? Is she an editor in a magazine? What is her career now? Was she ever a homosexual or was she bisexual, pansexual, or was she a heterosexual? Et cetera. Who were her friends?
Never had a yearbook, dad never bought me one but either way, with the way my life went it wouldn't had mattered.
Comments
Post a Comment