Let's Talk About My Writing
As of right now, I am writing a book - rather I've written all of it but it's on its on its sand paper stage before I get to the wax and polish.
Though I do wish for it to be traditionally published which means getting a writing agent and sending these agents a query letter which is difficult to actually perfect. (pur-feh-ct not pur-fict [what a strange word])
And all I can ever get myself to write are the next planned installments or short stories that would correlate to that world or a certain book.
I try to write other stories that have nothing to do with the world I'm actually passionate about but I either feel not enthused or make a really crappy plot for that story.
I'll give you an example of some crappy idea that I will not write at all (because its not developed and I have no passion for it)
It's called: Given Up Too Soon
[Ironic, is it not?]
It's about this 40 year of age woman named Nicole who never had a good relationship and hardly anyone ever speaks to her but she's very appreciated in her apartment duplex. She's a part-time plumber.
She was going to college for Law but given up on it because she got pregnant from a man who left her, and she gave the child up as well. But since then, she hadn't seen anyone from her college days - though they rarely speak to her, telling her to go to a community college. She doesn't have the energy for it.
She has a part-time job as a cashier at a convenient store for one of those gas stations, she didn't like it but it paid the bills.
But everything changes one day when someone had trashed her home and killed her pet parakeet. She doesn't know why or whom could had done this and she doesn't know of any enemies.
But something happens, she knows she has someone chasing her, trying to escape this possible killer while trying to figure out who might be after her...is it the girl she gave up on or the man who was the father of her daughter?
This would be a thriller/mystery and is kind of a cliche plot line. I don't like it. I don't even normally write basic stories like that. Message (or comment) me if you want to write it though, if you like it, I say good luck and change it in any way your heart desires. Or if this inspires you to write something let me know, so I can congratulate you and wish you well.
No sarcasm, seriously. I just realized this might had sounded like, maybe adding emojis might show I mean well and I am being entirely genuine.
What I meant in what I said, is that I think whomever might take this idea and make it their own, is that they could make it better and might actually find passion in it.
I'm only passionate in my current story and that world, if I try writing of another world, it might not sound as interesting as it could be.
I've written something also partly, that has no fully formed outline or plot, and obviously not passionate about either.
It called: The Anecdotist
It's about a young adult in college, who still lives with his mother and is often an Anecdotist and thats the way he lives his life, telling jokes.
He's trying to move out of his mother's place but isn't sure about moving in with his partying friends, he's not entirely comfortable with huge crowds but doesn't mind because they are his friends. They even want him to move in .
And thats where it stops, because it has no plot and if anyone wanted to add to that or something...as I said before, go one ahead. It was going to be a comedy/mystery or comedy/thriller...or something like that. But I don't think I can write comedy.
Though I do wish for it to be traditionally published which means getting a writing agent and sending these agents a query letter which is difficult to actually perfect. (pur-feh-ct not pur-fict [what a strange word])
And all I can ever get myself to write are the next planned installments or short stories that would correlate to that world or a certain book.
I try to write other stories that have nothing to do with the world I'm actually passionate about but I either feel not enthused or make a really crappy plot for that story.
I'll give you an example of some crappy idea that I will not write at all (because its not developed and I have no passion for it)
It's called: Given Up Too Soon
[Ironic, is it not?]
It's about this 40 year of age woman named Nicole who never had a good relationship and hardly anyone ever speaks to her but she's very appreciated in her apartment duplex. She's a part-time plumber.
She was going to college for Law but given up on it because she got pregnant from a man who left her, and she gave the child up as well. But since then, she hadn't seen anyone from her college days - though they rarely speak to her, telling her to go to a community college. She doesn't have the energy for it.
She has a part-time job as a cashier at a convenient store for one of those gas stations, she didn't like it but it paid the bills.
But everything changes one day when someone had trashed her home and killed her pet parakeet. She doesn't know why or whom could had done this and she doesn't know of any enemies.
But something happens, she knows she has someone chasing her, trying to escape this possible killer while trying to figure out who might be after her...is it the girl she gave up on or the man who was the father of her daughter?
This would be a thriller/mystery and is kind of a cliche plot line. I don't like it. I don't even normally write basic stories like that. Message (or comment) me if you want to write it though, if you like it, I say good luck and change it in any way your heart desires. Or if this inspires you to write something let me know, so I can congratulate you and wish you well.
No sarcasm, seriously. I just realized this might had sounded like, maybe adding emojis might show I mean well and I am being entirely genuine.
What I meant in what I said, is that I think whomever might take this idea and make it their own, is that they could make it better and might actually find passion in it.
I'm only passionate in my current story and that world, if I try writing of another world, it might not sound as interesting as it could be.
I've written something also partly, that has no fully formed outline or plot, and obviously not passionate about either.
It called: The Anecdotist
It's about a young adult in college, who still lives with his mother and is often an Anecdotist and thats the way he lives his life, telling jokes.
He's trying to move out of his mother's place but isn't sure about moving in with his partying friends, he's not entirely comfortable with huge crowds but doesn't mind because they are his friends. They even want him to move in .
And thats where it stops, because it has no plot and if anyone wanted to add to that or something...as I said before, go one ahead. It was going to be a comedy/mystery or comedy/thriller...or something like that. But I don't think I can write comedy.
Comments
Post a Comment