Feeling Self-Doubt

In my writing, I had changed it so much in re-writing, trying to make it have depth, showing more when it's necessary and telling when its necessary. And rethinking the idea of having a prologue period. And I had made that decision last night, there's no prologue.

The reason I made that decision is that, first book series should focus more on he protagonist rather than the antagonist so I changed what I had written. Plus, many articles and writing agents ask to know about the main character.

Though the antagonist is important, I can't get into him until the parts that are necessary. So, I made that decision. Plus in the Query it'll have the 1st chapter, about the MC, and I feel like it is interesting...

But my self-doubt is starting to get in the way, when I was enthused about editing my work...I think the helper is busy but the back of my mind says that they lost interest in helping me and the fact that my writing is what it is or how it had been (telling rather than showing in certain chapters) that they no longer want to have anything to do with my writing. Or they are actually busy or something else that I would prefer not to think.

Then again, I don't like to trust people and sometimes I don't know if my trust is misplaced or what. And I'm feeling a tad stubborn at this point in the advice not to send it. I mean, the grammar doesn't have to be perfect and it's only a couple of pages...And I think it's ready enough.

There's other things about this and I'm just feeling like it's whatever, probably won't even matter, or they won't contact me until it's late. Like 8 weeks after I sent it. Plus, even though they aren't publishers, I still might get reject me nonetheless, in the first process.

Plus the idea formed when I was 14, it evolved it in my 20's, and was fully written and re-written within 2015 and now (2018).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a Time Summary

I love German